Sunday, June 8, 2008

International Swap Exchange 6 scarf



This beautiful scarf is mine! It came in the mail yesterday and is from Yuvee in London. The scarf is the Kim Hargreaves Haven scarf and is made from Lang Colore Milli yarn that Yuvee found in her travels. I love it! I want to do the scarf pattern myself but attempts to find the Kim Hargreaves book that this scarf is in have been fruitless.

I was afraid this scarf wasn't going to come to me. Yuvee finished the scarf early in the swap, but thought it would be less expensive to mail it from the US when she visited here, which was logical thinking. Unfortunately, Yuvee's luggage was lost bu the airlines and she was afraid she was going to have to knit another scarf for me. Fortunately, her luggage showed up 2 weeks into her 3-week stay. Good ole air travel! Is it any wonder airlines have such high customer dissatisfaction ratings?

Along with the scarf Yuvee sent a skein of Blue Sky organic cotton and a chocolate bar. Below is a picture of the scarf with the skein of yarn. I can't imagine where the chocolate bar went (actually it's hidden away to be doled out in small amounts).



Yuvee suggested I might want to make a cowl with the cotton, but I have a contrasting color of organic cotton in my stash and there's a stuffed cat pattern in a baby book made from this yarn that I'm thinking of doing instead.

I love my scarf, Yuvee! Thank you so much! I'm so glad it was found and that it made its way to me. I'll give it a good home and I know this winter I'll be wearing it a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment