Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Elma leaving us

It's time to say goodbye to Elma. She'll be leaving us at the end of the week. I admit I had hoped we could keep her for a longer period of time, but she needs to go to an experienced family and work on some things that I don't have the experience to tackle. I hate goodbyes when puppies leave early. It's like they enter the Witness Protection Program - okay, they don't - but it sure feels like they do. I don't know where McCoy is, for instance, and as a puppy sitter I imagine I won't hear anything about Elma. I have to accept this is good for the puppies sometimes. I'll be spending the next few days playing and cuddling with Elma. It sure has been great to have a puppy in the house these last few weeks and I'll miss her when she's gone.

On a happier note, my Loopy Ewe swap package arrived yesterday from Danielle in California.

Loopy Ewe swap - December 2009

Embossed Leaves sock from LE swap

The socks (Embossed Leaves)are gorgeous and feel wonderful. The Almond Roca is taking my mind off my sorrows (1 more piece and then I'm letting the men in the house finish it off), and I'm waiting for the weekend to drink the coffee and listen to the CD. I'm looking forward to knitting the Pineapple Sock pattern with that gorgeous Lorna's Laces. It was a great package. I loved everything.

I should be finished with the project I'm knitting for my swap partner this evening. It will be off to her as soon as it's washed and dried. I'll try to remember to take a picture before I send it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment