Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

I'm home waiting for Trick or Treaters and they are few and far between! I may end up with a big bowl of chocolate, but I think there are worse things in life. Madeline is enjoying seeing children and in-between she tears up and down the stairs and steals things off my night stand to bring down to us. I'm juggling knitting a hat and a scarf and voting while we wait.

Meanwhile, Ardella and Annalynn turn 2 this week and I'm looking for dog cake recipes since my dog cake bakery has gone out of business. I'm trying to decide between one made with chicken versus one made with peanut butter and carrots. I've decided to use rice flour or barley flour instead of wheat. Karren and I are celebrating on Friday since it's my day off so I have a few days to decide.

I spent the weekend looking at e-Readers. I also finished the second book in the Millennium series and saw both movies. The DVD for The Girl Who Played With Fire came out on Thursday (I think) and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is now in theaters. The movie version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was really good, but I was very disappointed with the second movie. I think I have to stick with my thought that the book is always the best. I have started book 3 and won't see the movie until I've read it. I've been watching the Swedish movies - I'm undecided if I'll go see the American version when it comes out. I just don't see anyone being a better Lisbeth Salander than the woman who is playing her now.

Madeline has been busy attending football games and going to the coffee shop with Lyn while he works on the class he's teaching. She loves fireplaces. Here she is in front of the fire at Starbucks in downtown Portland. I was across the street at a local yarn store while Lyn and Madeline waited for me here. I love the way Madeline touches her paws to Lyn's foot. She does that to me, too. We had a hard time getting Madeline to budge when it was time to go.

sleeping by fireplace

Lyn and I have been discussing chickens. He went on a walking tour of Portland to see urban farms and he was excited by the chicken coops and chickens. I could get into having fresh eggs, but I don't eat animals I know so I doubt I could eat the chickens if we had them. I really like the black and white feather pattern on these chickens contrasted with their bright red combs.

DSC01065

These chickens aren't living in a very small pen, they have a cushy condo that Lyn was pretty excited about. They have a penned-in area underneath the condo where they can scratch and hunt for bugs. It also looks like the chickens have time out of the pen, too.

Chicken luxury condo

We're still thinking about chickens. We have something called Urban Farm School in the area that teaches classes and our local feed store is a good resource, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment