Monday, May 12, 2008

Making Greek Coffee

Yum! That wasn't difficult. Cristina sent me details on how to make it.

1. Use the cup to measure the coffee needed and pour the water into the pot.



2. Add 1 heaping teaspoon of coffee to the pot. Add sugar if desired (1/2 to 2 teaspoons - I added 1 teaspoon).



3. Turn on the heat (medium low), stir the coffee until dissolved and don't stir again.



4. Heat slowly. Foam will start to rise in the pot before it boils.



When the foam rises to the top, remove from heat and serve.

.

The coffee will sit in the bottom of the cup, so don't stir it again. Drink until you reach the coffee at the bottom.



There was an optional and traditional step, and of course I had to try it. Turn the cup upside down to its little plate. Let the coffee dry. Pick up the cup and read your future in the images the coffee has left in it.



I think it looks like a cup of steaming coffee. I think it means there will be more coffee swaps in my future!

Delicious experience! Can't wait to share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment