Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ravelry Summer Caffeine Swap

It's been awhile, but first things first. I was participating in a Ravelry swap and received a fantastic package yesterday from Jen. Here is the package in its entirety:



The coffee is a Fair Trade medium roast organic coffee from Bongo Java Roasting Company in Nashville, Tennessee. It's excellent! I've had 2 cups already and it's replaced my usual favorite Sisters blend until it's gone. The tea is Republic of Tea's Pomegranate Green Tea. I don't know if I put this tea in my questionnaire under favorite teas or not, but I don't think I did. The thing is, is that I had this tea in the Minneapolis airport about a year ago and I thought it was one of the best teas I had ever had. I don't know how Jen knew this, but I'm glad she chose and sent this tea. I haven't been able to find it! It will come in handy this weekend when the temperatures soar into the high 90s. There is a box of Starbucks Espresso Truffles, and I have indulged already. 'Nuff said! I won't tell how many. I do have some left.



In place of coffee cups, the requirement of this swap was to send a small knitted project and stitch markers. Jen knit me a coffee sleeve and a coffee-cup dish cloth. The picture below is not that great - the sleeve is covering the coffee cup. I will have to replace this picture with one that shows better detail, or you can see a great picture at Jen's blog. Anyway, I love my sleeve and dish cloth! I'll be so happy not to have to use those cardboard sleeves!

.

Finally, there is the yarn! Jen sent me Lorna's Laces sock yarn in the new colorway called Ashburn. I love the teal/purple/green colors together. I can't wait to knit a pair of socks with it! The stitch markers are gorgeous and they came in a cute little bag.



Jen was a great swapper! She was very communicative and sent me entertaining messages all through the swap. We found we had a few things in common, particularly in places where we've lived and the fact we both like coffee and knitting. Thanks for everything Jen. I loved my package!

I finished my knitted object and sent a package off to New York. I forgot to take a picture of the knitted object in my haste to get the everything off in time. The package is heading towards New York and the last I checked, the package left Philadelphia yesterday. It should arrive to its destination soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment