Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentines Day and Ardella at 15 Weeks

Valentine card 2009

That is my Valentine's Day card from Lyn this year. If you can't read the captions, they say: "I thought love was only true in fairy tales."
"Then I saw your face..."
"Now I'm a retriever."

I bet this card was circulated lots among puppy raisers this year. Now the card sits in a beautiful pot of Jasmine which smells heavenly, I can't forget that, but I got such a laugh from the card.

Little Miss A is 15 weeks this week and we've been busy. Ardella got a Halti that fits at the last puppy meeting and now walking is like driving with power steering. I love that thing! She's handled it very well with only a little resistance. On Friday we're going to visit sister Annalynn and raiser Karren at a coffee shop. I can't wait to see if the two puppies recognize one other. Here is Ardella in her jacket. As you can see, she's going to outgrow it soon.

Ardella in jacket

In other pet news, Aidan is learning to track a scent. This entails making 3 x 3 boxes and putting food around the perimeters of the box and then having Aidan sniff inside the box for the food. He likes it and will probably do well because food is a motivator for him. We're taking a tracking class as opposed to an agility class because Aidan is afraid of the agility equipment. Tracking a scent was recommended as a fun activity for Aidan since he really needs something special to do while we are paying so much attention to Ardella lately.

Theo and Misha

Lyn took this picture of Theo and Misha in a rare moment of companionship. I think minutes later Theo did his typical manhandling of Misha to have the top of the cat tree for himself, so they weren't being nice for long. Makes a nice picture though.

I finished my Loopy Ewe swap project and it's on its way to Richmond. It should arrive on Friday or Saturday. I'm making good progress on my ISE 7 scarf, too. I think this will be the end of swaps for me this year. I have too many projects I need to get done for family members (like my daughter who is getting married). I don't know. We'll see how long I last before I give into the urge to join a swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment