Friday, March 19, 2010

Kristin Staying

I've had a wonderful week with Kristin and she didn't have any accidents at any of her long outings this week. We went to the library last night at the Firstenburg Center and Kristin was a little hard to handle around other dogs and in the new environment. Several people in the club handled Kristin and I got a lot of advice to get a training collar for her as she seemed to ignore corrections with the flat collar. She didn't have an accident and we were gone for 2 hours at least.

This afternoon we had a great visit with CFR Michele. We talked about relieving protocol where I learned that proper relieving entails not exercising the dog in order to make her go, and a way to circle Kristin without making myself dizzy. We worked on dog distractions, rode an elevator, and worked on grates. Michele thinks Kristin is more relaxed and we are starting food protocol in new places and a training collar for dog distraction and garbage mouthing (Kristin really likes sticks). Kristin was like a new dog with food protocol. She was amazing and I think it is going to make a big difference. We ended our afternoon by having some gelato and sitting outside in the gelato shops outdoor area to eat it. The weather was fantastic. I feel good about keeping Kristin. The paperwork will be filled out pretty soon and she'll be officially transferred to me to finish her raising.

Kristin had no accidents. I was very proud of her today.

No comments:

Post a Comment