Saturday, July 5, 2008

Loopy Ewe Sock Club - July

So, I made it through the 4th of July. To my neighbors' credit, they were pretty civilized this year and waited until evening to make noise. I actually was able to enjoy some of the show from my office window. The animals were mellow (thanks to pharmaceuticals) and my noise-canceling earphones did cancel out the worst of the noise so I was able to transcribe reports without making any life-threatening mistakes.

Lyn helped soothe the pain of having to work yesterday by buying me a strawberry lemonade from Burgerville (they use real strawberries and there are lots of chunky fresh strawberry bits in the lemonade) and barbecuing a recipe from Cooking Light - Schwarmma - made with marinated and barbecued boneless chicken breast pieces, grilled pita bread, tomatoes, lettuce, and a tahini sauce, plus we had an onion, cucumber, tomato, and red pepper salad on the side, as well as corn on the cob. For dessert we had Black Cherry Cake, a frozen dessert from Trader Joe's. Unfortunately, both of us left the table at some point for just a very few seconds, only to have Shane revive from his drugged state and jump up and eat a good portion of the chicken. We were able to save some of it, but we were not happy with him for doing this. We need a taller table.

I went to StitchCraft this morning and visited awhile. I came home with the Gold Hill/Lake Huron yarn for a second Chevron scarf, a skein of Conjoined Creation lace yarn for the Swallowtail Shawl (I'm not sure there's enough)in the Literature Collection called In Cold Blood (yuck -nothing about the colors remind me of blood), and the 4 Seasons Throw book using Manos yarn. I'm not sure which throw I'm going to do first. I like them all.



I came home to the Loopy Ewe July sock club package and was thrilled to find a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy in a Loopy only colorway called Spicy Smooches. I love the red-browns, tans, and greens in this yarn. The pattern is wonderful too and is called Hugs and Chocolate Kisses designed by Debbie O'Neill. It's top down, so I can do this pattern. Other treats were a notebook and Loopy Ewe pen and a little do-dad that I understand is to put inside a hole in croc shoes and it says Born to Knit. I don't have any crocs yet. The picture below only highlights the yarn as another picture I took of everything was too dark to post.



This is the only day off I get this week, so I'm to knit a bit and read. Lyn is painting the kitchen in earthy coffee colors with some no VOC paint we got from Millers Paints. Later on he'll be putting in the cork flooring we got about a year ago. This means living without a stove for a few days, but it's worth it. We also had a French door installed in our breakfast nook to patio area (replacing sliding glass door) and I love the way it frames the garden. Pictures of garden and house work will follow some time this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment