Monday, March 16, 2009

Some finished objects

This is going to be a long 3-part post. I have my vacation to report, some finished objects to show, and of course I have to talk about Ardella. So, finished objects first.

This is the scarf I knit for the scarf exchange. It was Best Friend scarf in Rowan silk-wool blend. I didn't like this yarn until I washed and blocked the scarf and now I love it. I enjoyed the scarf pattern - it was easy lace and relaxing to do. I would knit this scarf again and probably soon as I have more of this yarn in another color.

ISE7 scarf I knitted

While on vacation I didn't buy much yarn, but I did get a cashmere sweater at a consignment store and plan to take it apart and knit something out of it. I've always been curious about the recycled yarn trend and now I have a chance. I haven't done it yet because, well, it's cashmere and I keep wondering if I should leave the sweater intact. Nah! I'm going to do it.

This is not an object I finished, but one my sister Nancy made for me. She saw a knitting bag she liked somewhere on line and created a similar bag from a pattern she made up herself. It's a great bag - the material is very spring-like and there's a lot of room and a lot of pockets perfect for needles, notions, and patterns. It's not a floppy bag at all and stands up nice and straight so I can put my yarn in the bag without it getting tangled in material. It closes with a snap - no Velcro to catch my yarn. I love this bag! Nancy will be making more, but I was the guinea pig and she asked my advice on things I liked in a knitting bag so she could improve the design. I was a happy recipient and I've gotten a lot of compliments on the bag whenever I go out.

Bag standing and closed:

Nancy's knitting bag

Inside look at the bag:

Inside knitting bag

Bag closed:

knitting bag closed

No comments:

Post a Comment