Friday, March 27, 2009

#27 on the 27th

Anniversary flowers

The flower bouquet from Lyn that he gave me this evening.

We had a nice dinner at La Bottega, a small but quaint Italian restaurant in downtown Vancouver. It was mostly quiet and filled with nice conversation. At one point the couple next to us started arguing loudly, and it was hard to keep a straight face with them so close by. We didn't know if we should have conversation while they were arguing, didn't know where to look, didn't quite think we should pretend nothing was going on. When the woman shrieked, "I know your father is an alcoholic, I Am NOT YOUR FATHER," I turned to Lyn and said, "I think I'm going to have indigestion" and did not care if they heard. We whispered that they probably had loud conversations on cell phones in public places. Thank goodness they left before we finished so we celebrated by staying longer and had dessert (panna cotta for me, chocolate mousse for Lyn).

We couldn't remember all 26 of our celebrations, so I'm recording our anniversary dinners from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment