Friday, September 21, 2007

Waiting, Always Waiting

I saw last night that I was at 1206 on the Ravelry wait list, which means I should be there in 1 or 2 days. It may mean Monday if Sunday is a day of rest (NO00!!!). Being so close to being at Ravelry makes the time move slower. It's not like I don't have other diversions though!

This means I don't have to make a decision between Flock and Fiber or Ravelry tomorrow. I've been perusing the F&F website to see which vendors I want to visit. I'm looking for merino-silk blended and dyed fiber to spin and knit my own clapotis (Google this if you don't know what it is because I can't figure out how to just add a one-word link) and I'm definitely planning to visit the Crown Mountain Farm booth to look for Sock Hop yarn. If there is no yarn, I hope to get some fiber dyed in Sock Hop colors to spin my own yarn. I always miss their Sock Hop sales. I'm also looking for a Turkish drop spindle. The one I have is big and clunky and these are apparently lighter and easier to maneuver. I'm going to try and resist buying a pygora goat or angora rabbit. I'm going with my husband. I've been told that there will be plenty of things happening that will be interesting to him, including listening to harp music.


I took some pictures of some of my favorite areas of the yard today.




This is the patio/deck combination right outside the back door. My husband recently finished this deck and the lower portion has the bar table I bought him for his birthday, and the upper deck has a swing (you can barely see it in this picture). On the patio is our Ashiyu. We had to empty it and move it so we could have at least 4 people sit around it. Some of the tiles came off the lower portion of the stand, so it's not positioned the way it will be positioned eventually.



This is the side front yard and it is a nice sitting area in the morning. My husband has done the majority of the work here and I need to take pictures to capture his hard work. We really do have a backyard paradise in this suburban neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment