Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Work in Progress, Finally

My mother claims I only buy yarn and never knit anything. This post is to prove her mistaken. After obsessing over the pattern I was going to do for my ISE5 pal, I finally have gotten my needles, fingers, and mind, to cooperate with this dragon scale pattern:



I say this after having to unknit a few repeats a couple of times this week, but I've reached about 8 inches so it's a go. I refuse to change my mind again (although I have some rescue patterns in case I do - it's always a possibility).

DH has been home sick all week. He did manage to make it out to the garden to finish cleaning the vegetable garden. To his surprise he had forgotten he had planted these potatoes and found them when he turned the soil. They'll be a nice addition to a meal this week:



He also finished putting back the tiles that had fallen off the Ashiyu stand. He put water back in it and it's warming up. I'm looking forward to using it this evening. He made some other changes around the deck, and I'll take pictures and post them if it continues to be sunny. Those days are getting far and few between!

The Coffee Swap matches have been made and I've got a great swap partner. Due to allergies, she's a no animal fiber person and it's going to be so much fun to get to look for new-to-me yarns! I need to learn about this - there are so many people allergic to animal fibers these days (family members included) and non-wool is in great demand.

My time will be taken up this week photographing my stash and uploading photographs to Ravelry. I might even be able to photograph some more finished projects and post them here. I WILL finish E's shawl this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment