Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Scarf and Monkey sock

Here's the scarf. I finished it on Sunday and am waiting until next Tuesday to mail. I need to work on wrapping the package contents. I used Malabrigo lace - a merino wool from South America. It's one of the softest fibers I've ever felt and has become a new favorite. It's closer to fingering weight than lace and thus is much easier to use, in my opinion.

Here are a few pictures of the scarf. The first is taken by my husband standing on a chair and looking down:



Here's a closer look at the detail:



Here's a picture in daylight. Please don't look closely at my kitchen floor!



Now that the scarf is done, I've begun knitting socks for birthday and Christmas presents. I started on a Monkey sock for my daughter's birthday and am using Dream in Color Smooshy yarn in the Sea Flower color.



I can see why people call this pattern Monkey crack! It's a fun pattern. I love the yarn too - Smooshy fits the description of how this yarn feels. I also love that the colors don't pool. By the way, I don't think this is a birthday spoiler - my children don't read my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment