Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving and ISE5 scarf

We had a nice Thanksgiving day with our 2 sons, daughter, daughter's boyfriend, and his parents. It was especially nice because everyone contributed to the meal preparation and we didn't spend the entire day in the kitchen. It was nice to be together at the same time, but I was a bit shocked that at the end of the evening everyone went home and the house was empty. This is the first empty nest holiday. I guess I'll have to get used to it.

For the last two years or so, my cousin's husband Tommy has been sending You Tube videos of pictures he has taken of family gatherings. My aunt has all of her children and grandchildren within 2 hours proximity to her, so they have big gatherings. I don't think everyone got the video this year, so Tommy gave me permission to link to Thanksgiving 2007. The pictures are accompanied by music from Dick/Richard/Sam and Chris. Discovering their music this year has been a highlight for me, and I'm thankful for their musical gifts. I'm also glad Tommy chronicles so many family events. It's the only way I've been able to keep up with my cousins.

I have 5 minutes to say that I got my ISE5 scarves today from Angela in Germany.



The contents of the box included 2 scarves, some Zitron bamboo yarn in a color I don't have, and a few metal Made With Love labels to include on future handmade gifts. Angela informed me before she sent my package that she had made me 2 scarves. She wasn't happy with the first one she knit - she wasn't happy with the colors -and so decided to knit me an additional one. They're both wonderful scarves. I would have been pleased with either one and feel lucky that I got two!

Scarf 1:



Closer detail of the drop stitch pattern:



The colors match my coat perfectly:



I love scarf #2. The color is so vibrant and I just love the drape and squishiness of the yarn. I'm glad Angela chose this yarn because I wouldn't have done so on my own and now I'm pleasantly surprised by something new.



So, thank you again, Angela! I love my scarves and my sock yarn. You were a wonderful scarf pal!

No comments:

Post a Comment