Sunday, February 24, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Lyn and Tim went to a Trailblazer game this afternoon, the second game of the 2 Tim gave Lyn for Christmas. I took advantage of the opportunity to have coffee with friend and coworker, Sandy. Sandy has been working out at Firstenburg Center on Sundays with her sister and daughter, and I may be joining them since the center is close to me. It's always good to see Sandy and be in face-to-face contact with coworkers. The only downfall to working at home is the isolation from people. The only consolation of working the Tuesday through Saturday evening shift is that Sandy works it, too. I know I complain about this shift frequently. I'm considering a few avenues to take to get out of this situation, including returning to school spring quarter.

I complete the last of my swaps tomorrow and have been excited about the possibilities of doing what I want when I want. Here are a couple of works in progress I've started. The first is the Elvera scarf by Evelyn Clark. I'm using fingering weight O Wool, which is my newest favorite yarn. The color is Tea Rose.



The second is a mindless social knitting project. It's the Braided Rib sock and I'm using Ranco mostly solid sock yarn in purple. I'm split between Araucania Ranco and Rio de la Plata as my newest favorite sock yarn. I've been very pleased with South American fibers. I only used the pattern on the leg, which is why it's a mostly mindless project that works for social knitting situations.



Yesterday I bought The Knitter's Book of Yarn for the Diamonds Diamonds and Pearls Shawl. I've been meaning to knit nephew Robert's wife, Oksan, a shawl. I can't be at the wedding in Cyprus this summer, so I wanted to do something to welcome her to the family. I have Silk Rhapsody and have had some trouble finding patterns for this particular yarn. There are a number of other patterns in this book I want to do, but that pattern swayed me to buy the book.

I've discovered Amigurumi and now need to learn to crochet. Until I have a grandchild, these seriously cute crocheted toys will be for me. I did find some knit patterns I liked, but I prefer the crocheted ones.

I also have downloaded the Four Seasons Vine Lace Vest from Classic Elite patterns (page 2) and have the yarn to do the Pearl Buck jacket from Best of Interweave Knits.

Now, in spite of all these projects I want to do, I did just join 2 more swaps - a caffeine swap at Ravelry and ISE-6. I love swaps and love to answer the question, "what part of the world are you knitting for now?"

Dinner is ready. Lyn and Tim just got back from the game. Lyn bought home Girl Scout cookies. Heaven help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment