Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Signs of spring!

I've been missing in action due to being under the weather. I'm on an antibiotic and I'm so sleepy I spend the day sleeping, then working and fighting sleep. We've had a few beautiful days with sunlight and warm temperatures, not that I can enjoy them. I'm supposed to avoid sunlight due to the antibiotics. I'm also supposed to avoid caffeine. Ugh! No wonder I'm sleepy!

I have managed to mostly finish 2 swaps and to finish the Loopy Ewe swap. My Loopy swap partner doesn't live too far away, so I'm assuming it is safe to post a picture of the socks I knit as she should have received them yesterday or today.



These are The Fluted Banister in Lorna's Laces Purple Club. Keri gave me the yarn for Christmas and it seemed to suit my pal's color preferences. I love the color, so I'll be replacing the color eventually.

I finished 2 face cloths and am debating about doing a third. They can be done so quickly and the colors are cheery.



Patterns are Elvin Leaves and Butterfly. I will edit with pattern titles and authors later this evening. The green is Rowan cotton, the yellow is Debbie Bliss DK cotton. The Debbie Bliss is a little short on yardage, but the softness was wonderful! The Rowan was very nice, too, and had generous yardage.

I spent Sunday (before antibiotics) in Portland with Lyn. We hit 23rd Avenue, where I accomplished a lot for my swaps. It was the one gorgeous day I was able to enjoy. I've never seen the street so crowded. My mother has always referred to people in the Northwest as newts - or as people who avoid sunlight, but I think we've all been craving it due to the mass numbers of people I saw out and about. I was able to hit Lush, Blue Moon Chocolates, and the library before coming home to...sleep.

As predicted, there are signs of spring in late February in my yard. I'm becoming more cheerful, the days are getting longer (sunset at 6 o'clock last night) and color is reappearing. I think it's the lack of color in the winter that is so tedious. It's time for work (UGH)and I'll leave you with some signs of spring in the yard:



No comments:

Post a Comment