Friday, September 5, 2008

Hooray! It's September!

I love this time of year! I know it's technically not Fall yet, but the weather has been very fall-like and my mind and body are there already!

I got some great news this week - I'm back on day shift. It may be temporary, until March, but it's a step. We'll reevaluate in February whether to make it permanent, but I have 6 months and I'm happy with that. I no longer hate my job.

I have some works in progress. I've been taking a toe-up class and finally finished the toe. I'm almost to the point of starting the heel, which is another point of anxiety, but I'm sure I'll get it right eventually. Here's the sock and I decided to do the Garter Rib pattern from one of the Charlene Schurch books I have.

Fishes toe-up sock

I'll be finishing the heel in class tomorrow. Leah is also going to be teaching the Magic cast-on technique for starting the toe and I'm excited about that because it means I won't have to use a provisional cast on.

This is one of a pair of socks I'm knitting out of Crystal Palace wool-bamboo sock yarn. The pattern is one of theirs and is in the Bamboo stitch. I made this into an ankle sock and it feels wonderful. I want more of this yarn! Yes, I have started sock #2.

Crystal Palace wool-bamboo sock

I've joined swaps, 2 that just started, 1 that starts next week. I'm in the Autumn sock or scarf swap and a lace swap. Both are Ravelry swaps and are lots of fun. I don't have to make anything and can concentrate on spoiling everyone. Flock and Fiber is at the end of the month, and the swap packages need to be sent in early October, so I'm hoping to buy everything at F&F.

I've bought lots of sock yarn and I've taken pictures. I'll be making a separate show and tell post.

I started this blog around this time of year last year. I think I'm coming up on an anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment