Tuesday, December 23, 2008

More Arctic Blast 2008

Arctic Blast 08

The front yard displaying how much snow we got. The county shut down yesterday so Lyn got to stay home and take pictures. I got to work.

Pesky squirrel pictures:

Blasted squirrel

Taunting squirrel

They are so obnoxious and keep eating most of the bird food. They are obviously not starving squirrels.

The feathered visitors we like to see.

Towhee at front yard feeder:

Front bird feeder in icy tree AB08

Flicker at the woodpecker feeder in the back yard:

Flicker at feeder

Feeder by kitchen windows:

Birds at feeder on snowy day

Because there were no clinics open today and work load was very low I had to be off work. I'm kinda hoping it's that way tomorrow, too. I'm still working on Christmas presents for my parents and had to quit knitting today because of tendinitis in my 4th finger (who knows why). I spent the day reading instead and looking over reading challenges for the year to join at Library Thing, Good Reads, and Shelfari.

Lyn and I are not exchanging presents this year - a decision we made based on the fact that we got new floors, a new patio door, and a new oven this year. Plus, Keri and Ryan are getting married next year and we're getting the puppy in January. I didn't need a thing and neither did Lyn. It's a nice change of pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment