Monday, January 5, 2009

Belated Happy New Year!

Snow - again

So here's something new and different! More snow! We've had a lot of it since December 21, 2008. We have rain in our future and I'm relieved.

Christmas was great - all the kids arrived, plus Ryan came with Keri because Spokane was buried in snow. It snowed like crazy here in Vancouver so Ryan and Keri stayed an extra day. Kevin left on Christmas day and got stuck in the snow. We had a lot of fun eating, watching movies that various family members received - The Dark Knight (best Batman movie!) and Pan's Labyrinth (which was still as good as the first time). So, it was a simple, cozy Christmas - my favorite kind.

Now, Pan's Labyrinth is a moving movie, but I was reduced to puddles of tears when Lyn and I went to the movies on Tuesday with the Puppy Club to see Marley and Me. I think it was too soon after Shane's death and boy was it cathartic! It was a comfort to be surrounded by numerous yellow labs (who were behaving). M&M was a surprisingly good movie. I really expected to hate it.

We are counting down the hours now until "Little Miss A" (as called by Lynne the puppy club leader) arrives this week. I have been poring over A names and Lyn and I laughed ourselves silly one evening thinking of the possibilities. It is bound to be unusual but I hope I love it. I don't think I can possibly guess and I certainly haven't been able to find any hints anywhere about the puppy names for this litter. I've also been watching puppy videos and reading other guide dog puppy club blogs. I confess I'm a little nervous about everything. I dread sleep deprivation and I get a little worried about the ultimate goal of raising a dog who will hopefully lead someone one day. Mostly I'm looking forward to the coming year - I think it will be one of the best things I've ever done.

One of the things I had on my list to do before the puppy gets here was to get Aidan groomed. Here he is sporting the new cut he got today. I can actually see his eyes now!

You can see my eyes!

I'm also still working on Christmas presents and swap scarves/socks. I sure hope I still have time to knit. Next time I write, I'll have cute pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment