Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Birthday

I had a nice birthday and I've been trying to play with my new video camera, but have not successfully figured out how to upload videos to post on the blog yet. That's coming.

I got cards to reflect many interests. I love the Jacquie Lawson card from my friend, Kate. Scroll down to the Special Delivery one.

My mother likes to make birthday cards from New Yorker cartoons and the one my parents sent me this year has 2 angels - one in a knitted scarf and hat, the other with a knitted sweater and hat and they are saying "It was better before God took up knitting." Inside the card my parents said, "Happy birthday to God's competition." I laughed!

My sister sent me an animated card with a cat dreaming of rats dancing in line to a rhythm band, and Lyn gave me a card of how dog's celebrate birthdays.

Lyn started my day with blueberry pancakes and later in the day Keri and Ryan joined Lyn, Tim, and I at a Laotian/Thai restaurant that recently opened.

Lyn took Ardella to Quarterly Meeting on Friday and Saturday and I had a lot of uninterrupted knitting time. Ardella had a good time, behaved nicely, and Lyn is going to start taking Ardella to work soon. Ardella turned 6 months on my birthday. The time is going so fast!

Editing to add a picture Lyn took at QM. This little girl loved Ardella and I think the feelings were reciprocal.

Ardella with adoring toddler

Oh - I joined Facebook... Haven't found a guide dog group yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment