Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Local Yarn Store Swap

LYS swap

Above is the contents of a swap box sent to me from Mindy in the province of Ontario. The candy bar was eaten in minutes of receiving it, the 3 bars of soap smell wonderful, as does the coffee (which I hope to try tomorrow). I love the notebooks, and the yarn colors are perfect! The solid blue is a mohair-wool lace, the wine is a heavy fingering mohair wool. The 2 variegated blue skeins are Lorna's Laces sock yarn. I also got Ontario postcards, an Ontario magnet, and a Canada pen!

I got the package yesterday and while I was out in the yard taking pictures of the box, I tried to get Ardella to pose for pictures in the garden. It's been awhile since I have done a garden update. She wasn't as interested in posing for me as I had hoped - too much to discover - so I only got 2 pictures with her in them.

Bleeding heart and honeysuckle

Orange azalea.

Here are a few without Ardella. It was just fun to wander around with the camera. The reason I was able to do this - the neighbors who always hung their heads out the windows and talked to us were evicted. I am beside myself with joy to have our privacy back! They took their yappy dogs who always fence fought with Aidan with them.

Clematis

Back yard view

I'm finishing up my Loopy Ewe project and may end sooner than I anticipated. Once that package is off, I'll be focusing on a summery thing to wear to Keri's wedding. I may have a vote in one of my next posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment