Sunday, November 1, 2009

New Grandpuppy

New Grandpuppy

I have to show off my new grandpuppy. I'm not sure who this is yet, he hasn't been named, and he isn't mine. Keri and Ryan are moving into an apartment that allows dogs and they have wanted a dog for some time. Keri and Ryan really likes Lhasapoos and they found one this weekend. I went with them to pick out the puppy this afternoon and he passed a lot tests like coming immediately when prompted to, being very calm when picked up (he licked our chins, but not in an overly excited way), and he really doesn't mind being turned over and having his belly touched. He was the calmest of the 3 puppies in the litter, so we were told, and so Keri and Ryan bought him. Lhasapoos are considered to be hypoallergenic, meaning they don't shed, and are mild mannered dogs. He'll be a good apartment dog.

When Keri and Ryan first got him Keri told me they had been thinking of Sebastian as a name, but as the night went on Ryan wanted to name him Gizmo. Obviously, I prefer Sebastian, but he's not my dog, just my grandpuppy. I get to keep him tomorrow during the day while Ryan is substituting at a nearby school.

The dogs seemed very interested in him. He whined once and Ardella was on her feet running over to show some concern (a good sign!). So did Aidan and Titan, but Titan is off somewhere else in this picture and you can't see Aidan very well.

Checking out the new puppy

It's nice having access to a new puppy and one that goes home with someone else and that I don't have to get up with during the night. This has all the advantages of grandparenthood!

No comments:

Post a Comment