Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween pumpkin

2009 Halloween pumpkin

This was our measly little Halloween pumpkin for the year. Lyn carved a face and then stuck 2 well-chewed antlers for horns. I thought it was a creative use of the antlers. I had been trying to find a way to dress up Ardella as a unicorn with one of the horns, but never got around to actually doing anything about it. I like the pumpkin better.

I heard from the raiser of one of McCoy's litter mates today. McCoy is in the Auburn area and is in good hands with a co-raiser of her group. He's with this person temporarily until a permanent home can be found for McCoy. She assures me McCoy is doing well. I was so happy to hear this news!

Back in the spring when I went to Tallahassee I met a woman in a knitting store who had a guide dog. We talked about puppy raising and the fact that she had just completed the paperwork and evaluation to get a wheelchair guide from the Boring campus. I knew it would take awhile, but just last week got a forwarded letter from a club member in a nearby club that a woman from Florida had been placed with a wheelchair guide from their club. I found out it is the same person I met. She's coming out in December and wants me to take her to all the knitting stores in the area. I'm so excited. Names aren't forthcoming until I have permission to use them here. Guide Dogs is such a small world!

No comments:

Post a Comment