Friday, July 23, 2010

Yard pictures

I love the back yard in late June. Everything is still green and the summer flowers are at their peak. Roses look beautiful right now. They don't call Portland The Rose City for nothing!

Favorite rose

I love the rich purple of this lavender:

Lavender

The oranges of lilies,Mexican sunflowers and Blackeyed Susan Vine:

Lillies

DSC00905

Blackeyed Susan Vine

I'm amused by this campanula - it's taken over the side yard and any structure out there. It's the kudzu of our yard!

Campanula takeover

I love the crabapple-pink of this astilbe:

Astilbe

I love the blue of the hydrangea and can't wait until it turns a deeper blue in a few weeks:

Hydrangeas

The weather has been awful this spring and I really feared that the berries would get moldy. However, they haven't and it looks like we'll have a good crop:

Raspberries!

Blueberries!

I'm not the only one wanting berries - these two really want to help eat them.

Ardella and Kristin

Kristin is wearing her coat because she doesn't like it lately. She runs when she sees me pick it up. I think she associates it with the Halti. I may just give up on that thing!

I have to go rescue Aidan from the *!*! fireworks the neighbors are predictably setting off this time of year. He's barking frantically inside and out any time one goes off. I hate fireworks! Why can't people be quietly patriotic! Lyn is at the fireworks stand selling fireworks for our puppy club. Sigh! It's our main fund raiser. My luck! Lyn is filling in for both of us this year - I just couldn't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment