Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crochet/Knit show; OFFF

Things haven't been exactly smooth with Charlie. I have a strong desire for this adoption to work, but I'm having some doubts about Charlie's exuberant personality on the other pets in the house. He is just adorable,very friendly and endearing with people, but not so much with other pets. Aidan is staying in corners and won't even make eye contact with me now indoors. The cats continue to hide upstairs and we have to keep everyone separated. Then we have nice walks, like this afternoon, the dogs play and I wonder what I was worried about, until Aidan starts acting like he's been whipped. This is killing me! I'm in contact with Mini-Aussie rescue, but what happens with Charlie remains to be seen for another week.

Anyway, I'm still knitting and I'm going to post pictures of purchases at the Crochet/Knit show and Oregon Flock and Fiber. I can't say I totally enjoyed myself this year - I was still not doing well after Shane's death and just wasn't feeling very sociable. Lyn took me to both festivals but hung out doing work in coffee shops while I shopped. It was kind of overwhelming at both events - just unending booths and crowds. However, I purchased quite a few things for me and for swap partners.

I got sock yarn

Sock wool obtained at OFFF

Lace (The Misty Alpaca came from StitchCraft)

Lace yarn obtained at OFFF and K&C conference


and fiber

Fiber from OFFF, etc.

I put descriptions of everything at Flickr if curious about particulars I want to save space here.

We saw llama and alpaca and rabbits at OFFF, but I didn't see anyone I knew and don't know if I'll make this a yearly event. I certainly have more fiber and yarn than a person can use, which is why much of it is going to swaps. Anyway, that's about all I have to say about the festivals. Hopefully next time I go to any fiber event I'll be in a better frame of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment