Thursday, October 2, 2008

Investigating puppy raising

I picked up Shane's ashes yesterday - a disheartening experience because no one at the front desk was present when we initially bought Shane in on the 23rd. Also, no one ever called me to let me know the ashes were there. I had gone in to get some cat food, which they had called me about. So, I checked out with Shane's ashes and cat food on the same bill. The ashes were handed to me in a blue bag and were in a container with paw prints that looked like a cookie container. It was so impersonal and so I felt new grief all over again.

So, I have applied to Australian shepherd rescue. I'm not sure we'll be deemed smart enough for an Aussie, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Also, in just a few short minutes I'm leaving to go to my first puppy club meeting for Guide Dogs for the Blind. We're applying, but I'm not sure what we're applying for yet. Maybe just puppy sitter, but hopefully we'll want to raise a puppy. There are a couple of options in raising dogs. They're only raising labs now, so I get to choose male/female, black/gold. Really, I have no preference at this point. I'm very excited. I've wanted to do this for such a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment