Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dog Dance Video, Unraveled, and October Woolgirl Sock Club

I came across this video at Ravelry in the Fuzz Butts (Australian Shepherd) thread.I think Charlie and I are a long way from accomplishing this and after attending 2 training sessions, I have to say that our "Look" command is not as accomplished as this dancing pair!

Charlie and Aidan seem to have bonded over chasing squirrels. Things are better, Aidan's tail is tall again and he initiates play with Charlie and Charlie plays back. Charlie is still a little toy hog, but things are relatively peaceful and I can pet Aidan again without him being attacked. Theo disappeared for 4 days but came back last night. Charlie doesn't lunge at the cats when we bring them downstairs. I'm still cautious, but more optimistic that we're going to be able to keep Charlie.

I learned this week that Unraveled, the yarn shop that got me back into knitting again, is closing. I visited Lisa at Unraveled today and know that she's closing because it's a good time for her to do this and that it isn't because she has to. Downtown will feel empty without Unraveled. I was someone who loved having 2 stores in close proximity - it gave me a reason to have out-of-town visitors a place to go (if they were knitters). I came home with a few things - probably one of the last times I get to bring something home from Unraveled.

Berocco pamplets/FT wrap

I got these 4 booklets - 2 of Berroco, 1 Norah Gaughan, and 1 Aspen Leaf Wrap.

Paca Peds in Grapevine

Paca Peds sock yarn in Grapevine colorway.

Araucania Ranco color 318

Araucania Ranco sock yarn, color 318.

I also got the Opal Harry Potter sock yarn in Hedwig, but I neglected to take a picture.

I don't know if I can go back to the 40% off sale in November. I hate going-out-of business sales - it's too sad!

Yesterday was a great sock club day because I got the October sock club shipment from Woolgirl. I love Jen's themes. This was a cherry blossom theme - not fall like at all, but I loved it. I'll probably get around to this sock in February when I'm longing for cherry blossoms or any flower blossom to come out. If interested, click on the picture and read the caption about the package contents there. I can't get over that sugar stick! The pattern is toe-up and is not the same pattern on both sides. I'm still not fond of toe-up, but this pattern uses the Magic Toe, so I'll give it a try.

October 2008 Woolgirl sock club

No comments:

Post a Comment