Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fame - A Charming Guest

Fame posing by clematis

I switched puppies this week and had the privilege of having Fame. She's a lab cross who has a predominant golden retriever personality. We loved having her with us. She's an older dog raised by an experienced raiser and she impressed us with her good nature and obedience. She endeared herself to us from the beginning and we almost don't want to take her back! Fame went with me to knitting Monday night and went to Target another. We didn't go many places with her since we were working and had to get up and go to bed early. Fame was great company while I was working. She loves toys and loves to show you what she finds. She got along with everyone, including the cats. I'm impressed by that - it was the shortest time of acceptance the cats have shown any dog in our house.

Fame smelling flowers

Going outside was fun as Fame has good recall and doesn't eat everything in sight. I hate to see her go home, but miss Ardella and want her back. At least I know what a mature guide dog puppy is like and have some standards to aspire to.

Before Ardella went to stay with Fame's raiser, Debbie, we went for a walk on the Lacamas Trail - a walking/biking trail near Camas. I'm looking forward to more hikes in the future, but maybe shorter ones for a few more months.

Ardella on Lacamas Lake trail

Saturday we go to the tulip festival. I'll have some nice pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment