Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Furminator and Woolgirl Sock Club

Lyn is easily amused. Last night he was using the Furminator on Ardella and she went straight to sleep. Simba wanted a turn, climbed up on Ardella and Lyn used the Furminator on him. Ardella was oblivious, although at one point she woke up, realized a cat was lying on her, stood up and the cat fell off.

More furminator bliss

Lyn decided to put Simba in Ardella's guide dog coat. Does this look like a happy cat?

Not happy Simba

The second Woolgirl Sock Club package of the year came today. This has been my favorite.

I love the yarn (Curious Creek Fibers in Old Head of Kinsale colorway) and the patterns (The Crooked Brook sock pattern by Anne Hanson and Stormy Seas cowl pattern by Lisa Dykstra). I love that I get a choice and that the yarn can be bought at Woolgirl if I want to do both patterns. In this case, I do.

WGSC April 2009  yarn and patterns

Extras including teapot notepad with a packet of Jasmine green tea, teapot stitch holder, teapot tape measure, and note card. Two miniature sheep in a miniature suitcase, and a great knitting tote bag.

extras

miniature sheep and miniature cardboard container

Sockclub bag

The theme was Kinsale, Ireland. We appear to be traveling a bit for this year's sock club.

I'm getting close to starting the heel for my toe-up sock. I can't say I love the way the color pools but I'm enjoying the technique. I've decided this sock is an experiment sock. I'll post a picture when I've done the heel (quaking from knowing I'll have to purl front and back in 1 stitch).

Edited to say I'm sorry about the pictures - I can't make the medium size fit on this blog and the small size is too small. Click on picture to get to Flickr if you want better detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment