Saturday, June 27, 2009

GD Puppy club trip to Saturday Market


Boarding MAX
Originally uploaded by mgordon542002
This morning Lyn, Ardella and I joined our puppy club for a trip on MAX (light rail) to Saturday Market in downtown Portland. It was a beautiful day and we joined our club leader and raisers with puppies Logger, Virgil, Phineas, Azteka and Mardella at the Parkrose station. We walked across the pedestrian bridge to the MAX stop and all the dogs did well (considering the bridge goes over I-205).


The car was a bit full, so Lyn, Ardella and I found a seat away from everyone else.

Sitting down in a seat

Ardella settled in very well and seemed unaffected by the new experience of mass transportation. She slept with her head on my foot most of the way, except in this picture because I was the one taking it.

Ardella settled for the trip

And this is where the pictures end. We got to Saturday Market and went our separate ways and planned to meet in an hour or so before boarding the MAX home. I haven't been to Saturday Market in years, and I was surprised about how much it had grown and how busy it was. We shuffled with the crowd through booths of handmade soaps, pottery, photography, bags, children's clothing, aromatherapy oils, batik, beads, jewelry, etc. and I made a quick reminder to myself that Saturday Market is where I need to go get goodies for my next round of swaps.

Unfortunately it was hot - not unbearably hot - but too hot for Ardella. Alas, she began to show signs of heat intolerance, so I bought a vegetarian sandwich at a food booth for me and got a cup of ice and a bottle of water for Ardella. She began panting a lot while I was in line and she had an accident of a very soft stool. We sat in a shaded area and fed Ardella ice cubes and then found our party and said goodbye. It had been planned if Ardella showed signs of heat intolerance that we would just leave, so we did.

We're now home, Ardella tanked up on water and is snoozing. I'm sure she'll be fine when she wakes up, but I'm disappointed that she couldn't tolerate the heat today.

No comments:

Post a Comment