Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hay bale garden

Lyn and I went to the Home and Garden Fair this last weekend and bought herbs and vegetables for the hay bale garden. Lyn carved out 2 troughs in the bales and we planted Saturday evening.

both planted straw bales

We have eggplant, lettuce, basil, dill, and patty-pan squash. I thought we would be able to plant more, but we have other beds with spinach, kale, tomatoes and beans and pumpkin.

Kristin came home on Sunday and did extremely well. No accidents even with increasing the amount of food and she also was able to go on 5-hour outings into stores. Of course, she had 3 accidents the evening she came home, so I'm back to feeding her one time a day. We have a theory that Kristin will not relieve in a store and so Lyn and I are going to test her this evening to see if this is a sound theory.

I'm motivated again in terms of puppy raising. Kristin is tentatively going back to campus on Fun Day this year. It was such a surprise to get a date! She had such a good weekend and the people who took Kristin had such good things to say about her and I want all the things they said to be true. I really want her to make it! If we could only get the relieving issue resolved!

No comments:

Post a Comment