Friday, January 11, 2008

Defeat Winter Doldrums Dish Cloth Swap Questionnaire

Oh yay! Another swap. I definitely need to fight the winter doldrums and this one sounds like fun. It's also an international swap, my favorite kind!

1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
Knit.

2. What types of needles do you enjoy using for making dishcloths?
Straight Inox or Crystal Palace bamboo needles. I like sharper pointed needles.

3. What types of cotton do you enjoy using for making dishcloths? Is there any that you've been wanting to try?
Sugar & Cream, but not necessarily my favorite. I have mostly used hemp or linen to make dishcloths. I've also used and liked Hempathy. I'd like to try Blue Sky Alpaca organic cotton and Knit Picks Cotlin.

4. What color(s) are your kitchen and bath decorated in (if any)?
Kitchen - We're remodeling, so a coffee color to match the floor so far.
Bath: Forest green and plum accents.

5. What are your favorite colors for yarns? Least favorite?
Favorites: Earthy greens, blue, plum, rust, brown, pink, burgundy.

Least favorites: Neon colors.

6. Do you like Winter, or do you count the days until it ends?
I like the temperature and the clothes, but hate, hate, hate the dark, rainy days of the Pacific Northwest!

7. What's your favorite way to brighten your day when you're down in the dumps?
Knit! A good book, nice walk, and music help too. If I'm stressed out, a warm bath is my favorite way to relax.

8. What is your favorite treat to indulge in and when you're down in the dumps?
Crispy cookies.

9. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Cocoa?
All the above, especially coffee. I love a fresh dark roasted coffee!

10. If you could take a vacation starting tomorrow and go anywhere for one week and money were no object, where would you go and what would you do?

I really want to go to my nephew's wedding reception in Northern Cyprus this summer (unfortunately cannot). I'd use extra time to visit Turkey and Greece.

11. Do you have any allergies or aversions your pal should be aware of?
Sea food, no fiber with crab or shrimp. Mohair makes my throat itch, so I'm avoiding it. Regarding scents, I don't like floral scents very much, but I do like spicy scents like vanilla, cinnamon, & clove, and also like citrus scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment