Thursday, January 31, 2008

Winter Doldrums Contest #1

I'm behind, but thought I'd participate in answering questions for the contests.

#1: Weekly Topic: Dishrag. Dishcloth. Face cloth. I've seen folks get all fired up in forums when someone refers to their knit or crochet creation as a dishrag, as that's somehow offensive to them! When you're working on yours, what do you call them? Also, is there a difference between a dishrag and a dishcloth? How bout a facecloth? Are they all really the same thing?

It depends on the function of the cloth and the material I use to make it. If I use linen or Hempathy I tend to call it a face cloth. I'm not using expensive yarn on my dishes. I also think the pattern I use influences whether I call it a dish cloth or face cloth. I tend to call lacier patterns face cloths.

I'll answer #2 in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment