Sunday, January 13, 2008

Scavenger Hunt Swap Questionnaire

I signed up for the Scavenger Hunt Swap and think this sounds like fun. Swaps are an excellent way to defeat the foggy-brained, lethargic state I've been in this rainy winter. The answers are a work in progress and I have until the end of January to answer the questions.

1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it? Knit and spin. I learned to knit as a child, but started knitting more seriously about 14 years ago, at the same time I started spinning. I took a 10-year hiatus from both and started knitting and spinning again about 2 years ago.

2) What is on your needles/hook right now? Socks, 2 scarves, hemp shopping bag, hat.

3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
Probably the tool I use most frequently is a Jill Bliss notebook I found at Barnes & Noble. It has both graph paper and blank pages so I can chart or mark off rows as I knit lace. I use the blank pages to make comments on projects. Also, color pencils so I can alternate colors as I mark off rows and repeats.

4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite?
Favorites: Blue Sky alpaca/silk, Dream in Color Smooshy and Classy, Elsbeth Levold (especially Hempathy and Silky Wool)
Least favorites: Acrylic, novelty yarns.

5) What is your favorite color?
I like many colors and don't have a favorite. I think most color ranges of blue and purple are my best colors; I also like fall colors. Lately I've really loved pink. Jewel tones and yellow are colors I avoid because I don't wear them well.

6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack? I would head for the Cashmere, sea silk, and sock yarns.

7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
The most recent favorite is the nursing shawl I knit for my niece. It was a challenge for me in that the yarn (organic cotton chenelle) was hard to work with, but I finished it and liked the end result.



8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet? Socks and scarves

9) Do you collect anything? Sock yarn, coffee mugs, books, notebooks, coasters.

10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
I'm not going to list family and pets because they aren't "things."

1. Knitting socks and scarves
2. My spinning and knitting groups.
3. Reading.
4. My Ashiyu.
5. My back yard.

11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID? Yes. MarthaG

12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa? All three, but coffee and tea most frequently.

13) Favorite Sweets? Haribo Gummy Bears, chocolate with hazelnuts or almonds.

14) Any allergies? Scented things, unless scent is an essential oil, mohair and shellfish (Tofutsie sock yarn), cigarette smoke.

15) Do you have pets? kids? Yes, 3 cats, 2 dogs. Kids: Yes, but grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment