Monday, April 7, 2008

Loopy Ewe Swap package

There was a knock on the door early this afternoon and when I went to answer it there was a BIG box outside the door. The box was my Loopy Ewe Swap package from my spoiler, Pam! As you will see, this was an amazing package. Be forewarned, this will be a long post! I'm also not sure the pictures can do justice in displaying, but here goes.

First, the socks! That's what I saw first. I know these are Wooly Boully socks, but I don't know the colorway. I do know that I love them.



Take a look at the pattern detail:

.

They fit wonderfully!

Next in the box was something hard and wrapped very, very carefully. It was a cup, followed by a lid. I knew Pam had had these made for me and I was just so pleased with how they had turned out. It's just that there were more hard things to open and by the time I finally finished opening the carefully wrapped hard things, I had a full tea set: teapot, 2 cups, 2 plates, and a cream and sugar bowl! I was amazed. The set is just gorgeous. Here it is in its glory. Unfortunately, my camera can't capture the beauty, but hopefully you can get an idea of what the set looks like.

.

Then I saw a skein of yarn, which was quickly followed by 4 more skeins of yarn! There's Unique Fiber Studio Alpaca Plus in color 600 (tans and lavenders), Miss Babs in Cool Triad (greens, blues, purple), Zen Yarn Garden in Apricot Kiwi, See Jayne Knit in Heaven on Earth colorway, and Socks That Rock in Rocktober colorway. I think I'm going to need my own storage bin!



I hadn't come to the bottom of the box yet! There was a green corduroy shoulder saddle bag with lots of zippered pockets and sections for needles, and a project bag with another bag for knitting accessories (filled with accessories). I got some stitch markers with my initials (M and G) and a button that says SSK, a gorgeous Hide and Sheep row counting bracelet, and finally a nice knitting notebook with pages for needle inventory, yarn and project notes.





Pam outdid herself. It was a package worth waiting for and I'm so touched. Pam has just opened her own online yarn store, Yarny Goodness, and that has been an overwhelming responsibility. That she was able to put this package together for me and to knit a pair of socks was amazing. Thank you so much, Pam! You were very generous and you really did put a lot of thought and hard work into getting this done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment