Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Question #4 Spring Fling coffee swap

I had to miss last week's questions due to hand pain, but I'll give this week a go.

"Let's pretend for a minute we all live in the home of our dreams, have land, and don't have to work so time is unlimited! It's Spring planting season! What would you grow? A little veggie garden? A bed of bright spring blooms? Or is your thumb so far from green that the only thing you'd be planting is your tushy into a nice chair on the porch to get some knitting or crocheting done in the nice breeze?"

My thumb isn't very green, but my husband's is. I definitely would plan on a vegetable garden, there is nothing like fresh home-grown vegetables: corn, potatoes, green beans, radishes, carrots, broccoli, tomatoes (yum! home grown tomatoes), beets, lettuce and assorted salad greens, squash. What we don't have is an herb garden and I would love to have one of those. We have a problem with lack of sunny spots in our yard and available spots are kind of occupied by the dogs when they're outside. I've thought about using large window boxes on the fence. We do have a few herbs in pots, but I want an herb garden. We always plan a garden and I always knit. There's no future about this question - this is part of our life now. If only I didn't have to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment