Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wollmeise arrival




The Wollmeise arrived this morning and I now have Amazonas, Lowenzahn, and Inglisch Rot. Of the 3 I had expected to like Inglisch Rot the least, but it's my favorite. The color in Wollmeise is spectacular and can only really be truly appreciated when seeing it in natural lighting. I can get an idea of what it's like from a photo, but I'm always surprised when I see the true skein of yarn.

I never got a picture of the Christmas batch from December. Here is Suzanne, Spice Market, and Gewitterhimmel:



Here's the collection to date, including Poison #5 and Rhubarber from last summer:



I'm liking the solid colors the most and feel I need more blue and red in the collection. The green of Lowenzahn is going to take some getting used to.

When I was looking for my older Wollmeise, I kept grabbing my Socks That Rock. It may not be as intense, but there are some similarities. It's also a local yarn and a bit easier to get! Here is STR in Rocktober and Puck's Mischief:




I have some works in progress, but I'll post them later tonight. Blogger is misbehaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment