Thursday, April 24, 2008

Works in progress

I'm working on a few things, mainly trying to decide which scarf is going to be for my ISE6 pal. So far I have the scallop shell scarf from Ocean Knits, which I love, but it's going very slowly and I fear I won't get it finished in time:



Next is the Midwest Moonlight scarf in Seasilk Renaissance colorway. It's the easiest for me to do and I love Seasilk, but I'm so-so about the color. It's going quickly.



Here's another Seasilk colorway called Sangria. The project is Chrissy Gardiner's Feather Shawl. It makes me nervous, but I love the red, orange, and pink mix in the yarn.



Finally, I started an Evelyn Clark scarf last night called Sea Foam Lace in a soy silk lace yarn by Conjoined Creations. It's hard to see what this will look like from the picture, but I'm in love with the drape and feel of the fiber.



So, I have to decide which one to stick with. I'll finish them all, I just don't know which one to do for the exchange. Any opinions?

I'm doing 2 sock samples for StitchCraft (opening next week, by the way). Sock 1 is Louet fingering sock yarn in Crabapple Blossom colorway and the pattern is Mock My Socks Off, a pattern I got off the Internet (It's no longer free - it's being sold through an Etsy shop). The color doesn't look like I see it, but it really is the color of crabapple blossoms.



Finally, this is a sock Nicholette asked me to do as a sample for her shop and is Chrissy Gardiner's Autumn in Oregon sock. It's quite unusual and is challenging. I love how it looks though and am determined to do the sock. We started doing the sock in Regia Silk, but it was too dark for me, so I switched to a spring color and am using Baby Ull. So far I like the yarn a lot. I have no idea how it will wear. The picture (sorry, it's blurry) is the cuff of linked leaves, which are knit flat and then sewn together. I pick up stitches along the purled rows. I've picked up the stitches and now will distribute them among needles and I have to decide whether to use 2 needles or 3.

.

When looking for one of the pattern names I'm using in the knitting room, I discovered another scarf I've been working on. Blogspot is scheduling an outage at 4, so I'll post it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment