Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Woolgirl Soc k Club #1 - spoiler

I knew the sock club packages were being sent today, I didn't know I'd get the package today! The contents of the wrapped package were almost too pretty to open.



Inside were 3 leaflets - 1 pattern, 1 leaflet about color inspiration, and 1 leaflet about a contest. I won't describe the rest of the contents because I don't want to ruin this any more for people who haven't gotten their packages yet.



I spent most of Sunday helping Nicholette at StitchCraft (yeah, website is up and running). She had people coming in all weekend to help check off box contents so she could enter the inventory in her computer. I helped with Cascade and Westminster. I had no idea Cascade carried so many different kinds of yarn. I had no idea Westminster carried Rowan, Nashua and Shepherd. I'm in love with Shepherd yarn - the colors are fabulous. Once the yarn is on the shelves for good, it's going to be a most colorful store. I love Nicholette's taste in color. I've always thought I was partial to earth-tone colors, but being exposed to so many colors, I think I just like them all. I think I've even found some yellow that could work for me!

I got to see the organic wallpaper, books, buttons, organic quilting thread, material, and needles. Nicholette shared more of her community-building ideas and I left feeling more excited about the store than ever! I really hope I'm not going to be disappointing swap pals, but the store doesn't open until May and I can't buy anything from there until then.

I'm wearing a splint at night now and going to see an occupational therapist 3 days a week. I'm going to be ordering a foot pedal to take the place of the space bar some time today. I sure hope my thumb heals soon. So much for amigurumi. Crochet hurts, knitting does not. Blogging does, so I'd better stop.

I'm off to look for 1 more thing for Dee, my dish cloth buddy for this month, and then I can mail her package.

No comments:

Post a Comment