Saturday, October 31, 2009

October 31 Graduation

Karren and I attended graduation at Guide Dogs today to see this handsome fellow graduate.

Peso graduation October 2009

That's Peso. He had some awesome raisers and went to an awesome handler.

I was happy to talk to a few of my puppy club members, one in particular with whom I discussed co-raising a puppy. I would start, she would finish. I think this is an exciting possibility. We both have newly career changed dogs in our homes, but it's something we'd like to do in the near future.

Annalynn is in the kennels being treated for a UTI and waiting out her heat cycle. She should be spayed soon and then will be coming home to Karren. We went up to the kitchen to get some word on Annalynn and I checked the boards to see what dogs were in the kennels. I was especially interested in Kennel #3. Certain readers of this blog might be interested in this too:

Dogs I know in Training Kennel Three

One of the reasons I'm hopeful about getting another puppy to raise - either a transfer or co-raised puppy - is that we've been puppy sitting Titan, an almost 5-month-old golden retriever puppy for the trainer of our puppy group.

Titan

Titan is not a guide dog puppy, but is being raised by guide dog methods, just a little more relaxed. He's a great puppy to walk, is cool and calm when approached by other dogs, and he's the softest puppy I've ever felt. I'm hoping he sheds a little so I can spin his fur. I swear he's softer than cashmere! Anyway, he interacts nicely with Ardella and Aidan and that's why I'm thinking raising another puppy can be in future plans.

Titan is huge! He's almost 5 months and here he is beside Ardella who is 3 days away from her first birthday! They're the same height.

Titan and Ardella

No comments:

Post a Comment