Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Grits, pickled okra, movies, StitchCraft and Wollmeise

This weekend was nice. Lyn and I met Keri and Ryan for brunch at The Screen Door in Portland. It's a Southern restaurant and I had delicious cheese grits! I grew up in the South and can proclaim these grits as the real thing! Plus, I got to have the pickled okra that came with Ryan's Bloody Mary. It brought back childhood memories of Thanksgiving (we munched on this before the big meal) and Christmas (when I sometimes got my own jar in my stocking).

Keri told me she and Ryan had been catching up on Guillermo Del Toro's films. He directed Pan's Labyrinth, one of my favorite movies. They've watched The Devil's Backbone (prequel to Pan's Labyrinth) and The Orphanage. I watch few movies, but these two are on my list of must sees. I tend to like international movies as much as I like international fiction.

I had a nice time in spinning group last night. There was no program so I got a chance to meet people and talk to them. Betsy got a new Lendrum spinning wheel and I got a chance to try it out. What a nice wheel! I'm saving for a new one and this particular wheel is now at the top of my list. Going back to spin on my Ashford Traditional felt really clunky. A new daytime group has started up and I may start attending a Monday evening group in Hockinson. That's 3 days per month for spinning groups so my opportunities to spin with people are increasing.

StitchCraft has it's own group at Ravelry now. Below are the fabrics Nicholette will be carrying. I think the opening date will be the first week in May.

Fabrics:
Amy Butler
Valorie Wells
Joel Dewberry
Kaffe Fasset
Martha Negley
Kona Cottons
Michael Miller
Mod Green Pod
Della Q silks

Embroidery Floss:
Presencia

Gutterman Machine and Hand Quilting Cotton Threads:

Ribbons:
Renaissance Ribbons

Buttons:
One World Buttons
Blue Moon Buttons

100% Wool Felt:
Mary Flanagan Wool Felt

Organic Cotton Lace Trims

Distributor for Mod Green Pod organic upholstery fabrics and wallpapers.

Patterns to support all lines, plus many books, knitting and sewing notions, including Skacel Addi Turbo and the Lace Addi’s and Chiagoo bamboo knitting and crochet needles.

These are the yarns. I'm not sure the list is complete yet.

Yarns:
Blue Sky Alpacas
Cascade
Brown Sheep
Rowan
Nashua
Regia
Farmhouse Yarns
Louet
Lorna’s Laces
Shepherd
The Fiber Company
Claudia Handpaints
Skacel
O Wool (the entire line, every color)
Mission Falls
Simply Shetland or Jamieson and Smith (haven’t yet decided)
Dale of Norway
Manos del Uruguay
Handmaiden

I know the Louet pattern subscription service will be available through the store, which is something new I'm excited about. I'm excited about everything!

Finally, my sister Ann sent me a wonderful birthday present and I received it yesterday. It came registered mail. It's a Wollmeise gift certificate. Due to Wollmeise popularity I hope I can use the certificate soon. I may have to wait awhile before I can catch some Wollmeise in the store. It was signed by Claudia as "Happy Birthday from Ann and me." Well, if I can't use the certificate I can always frame it! Thank you Ann (and Claudia)!

No comments:

Post a Comment