Saturday, March 1, 2008

Awesome Scavenger Hunt Swap Package!




I came home from a fun brunch/yarn browsing/house hunting adventure with Lyn to my Scavenger Hunt Package. My swap spoiler was CARLY, the hostess of the swap! How lucky is that?! Well, not surprisingly, she put together a very nice scavenger hunt package for me. Here are the categories:

Something local: A scarf pattern from a local designer in Virginia Beach, Julia. Carly apologized for adding another scarf pattern to my Ravelry queue. What a hardship, huh? I'm thrilled because the scarf in the picture was made with sport-weight alpaca and I have a boat load of alpaca spun and to be spun that will be perfect for this pattern!

Something hard: E. Wedel hazelnut and milk chocolate that will be eaten as soon as this post is up. Don't know if I can make it last!

Something round: Clover pendant cutter. I almost bought one of these recently. Glad I waited!

Something funny: A glass cup with the front of the sheep on one side, the back on the other. Found at RiteAid! Who would have thought you would find something sheep related there?! : )

Something green: This is very special! It's a springy lavender crochet shopping bag that Carly crocheted herself. I remember seeing this on the blog, but hadn't know it was for me! My husband and I are both thrilled as we've been trying to take shopping bags with us to the store. This one will be perfect for produce!

Something T: Scrabble tile stitch markers that spell "swap!" So cool!

Spoiler's choice: A skein of gorgeous light teal Alpaca Silk. I LOVE the color, and already have plans to make a hat from a pattern a friend designed and gave to me. I also have some lace-weight alpaca of the same color so I can knit a scarf.

There were also some extras: Seeds for the garden (it's time to plant them now), both vegetables and flowers, a cute note pad, and treats for the dogs and cats. The dogs are thrilled, the cats are sleeping and haven't tried a treat yet.

There is a bonus coming in the mail, I don't know what yet. I'll post it when it gets here.

You did an awesome job, Carly! You've been a wonderful pal and fantastic hostess. I LOVED this swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment