Monday, March 10, 2008

Learning to crochet

I'm moving forward in learning how to crochet. I spent yesterday watching You Tube movies and reading books and trying my hand at making chains and single crochet. After a day and a half, this is what I accomplished:



I have some issues with decreasing when I don't want to. I got some help from one of the women in knitting group this evening and she taught me how to join a round. By the end of the evening I did this:



So, not state fair ready, but I'm pleased with what I've learned in a day and a half. I find crochet addicting and soothing and much easier to correct than knitting. It is an adjustment to work with mainly one hand, but I think I'll get used to it. I think I'll be ready for the class at any rate. I also found out there is a store in Portland that is good resource for Tawashi and Amiguruni books, as well as all things Japanese. I've got to find out where this is. I'm hoping they have the antimicrobial acrylic.

I joined a monthly dish cloth swap and am required to submit an angel cloth to be able to swap. I finished that this weekend and will get it off tomorrow, hopefully.



This will be a fun week fiber-wise. My first Loopy Ewe sock club kit is on its way and Lisa at Unraveled is having a big sale this weekend. I worked overtime all last week and today to help cover the cost of what I'll be spending. Now that we're on daylight savings time and spring has sprung, I'm a happy camper again.

No comments:

Post a Comment