Saturday, September 5, 2009

Minus 5 Days

We're getting closer!

I got the Loopy Ewe Sock Club shipment today. Probably the last Wollmeise I'll ever get, and fortunately it's in the cooler color combination that I like. I got the Wollmeise, a sock pattern, a sheep notepad (love these) and a project bag.

Loopy Ewe sock club #4

Lyn and I went to downtown Vancouver where he and Virgil went to Mon Ami for coffee and to run errands, and I went to StitchCraft to visit with Nicholette. I ran into Barb coming out the door and we had a mini catchup session on the wedding and Ardella. I stayed for quite some time and came away with yarn for a sweater. It's Brae Tweed, a supersoft yarn, and I'm trying to decide between 2 patterns - Mr. Greenjeans or Amused, both Knitty patterns.

Brae Tweed and 2 potential patterns

Virgil and Lyn came in to visit for a little while. I had a close encounter with Virgil and a ball of yarn the first day Virgil came to our house, but he was great in the shop. He just went to sleep. I am in awe of what this dog can do! Now he's not perfect - he's only 8 almost 9 months old. I can't let him out of my sight when he's awake. He has destroyed a box of Kleenex, an exercise band, and a Wubba that I wasn't aware was under a couch. However, 95% of the time he's an angel. I can't resist his face. Have I said today how glad I am that he's visiting?

Virgil wants to eat

Here's a picture of Aidan, who feels a little left out. He was enjoying being an only dog after Ardella left. My nephew Colin has guinea pigs who he thinks are adorable. He has created a new family term to describe cute animals and Aidan received the first title of "guinea pig cute" from Colin. So, here's my guinea-pig cute Aidan:

Aidan

Finally, my cousin, Sam Baker, has released his third CD, Cotton. Lyn's birthday is Tuesday. Guess what he's getting! Can't wait to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment