Friday, November 5, 2010

A cake fit for a dog

I got up this morning to make the party cake for Ardella and Annalynn. I searched many web sites for dog cake ideas and finally came up with a combination of recipes. Here are a few of the ingredients I used:

ingredients for bd cake

I used rice flour and oats - 1-1/2 cups of rice flour, 1 cup of oats
Two jars of baby food - organic sweet pea-turkey-wild rice and Beech Nut chicken and broth
1 14-ounce can of chopped chicken
1/2 cup of applesauce
4 eggs
1/2 cup of carrots
1/2 cup of canola oil

I mixed the ingredients all together and put the batter in a square pan and baked it in the oven at 350 for about 45 minutes.

Here is the end result:

Birthday cake

After the cake had cooled, I tried to get it out of the pan, but it was a bit stiff and crumbled with any force, so I left it in the pan. For icing, I used cottage cheese and sprinkled some chopped up apple.

I honestly can't find one of the sites I used, but this is the site I relied on most.

Now that I have rice flour in the house, I'll be making more homemade dog treats for Ardella and Aidan.

No comments:

Post a Comment